– – – Open Position in Image Analysis – – – Institut Pasteur, Paris
The Image Analysis Hub is recruiting an engineer in biological image analysis (CDI/permanent position). The IAH is a core facility of the Institut Pasteur that provides services and assistance in image analysis, and contributes to research projects through collaboration. For this position, the recruited engineer will work part-time (50%) on research projects of the Schweisguth lab.
- Develop original and innovative software tools for image analysis, the scope of which exceeds user projects.
- Contribute to specific research projects on cell fate patterning and morphogenesis in Drosophila
- Create and deploy personalized analysis tools.
- Maintain an infrastructure for autonomous image analysis.
- Provide on-site support and training.
Successful candidates will have some of the following skills:
- Analysis of biological images (applied mathematics or related fields).
- Strong experience in software development, at least in Java or C ++. Experience with the biological image analysis libraries of the domain is appreciated (ImgLib2, BigDataViewer, ITK).
- Strong experience with biological image analysis tools in the field (e.g. Icy, Fiji, …).
- Experience working in collaborative and interdisciplinary projects.
- Very good communication skills in English, able to work in a team.
- Familiarity with image data from biology and microscopy. Experience as a microscopist is a plus.
Candidates are expected to:
- hold a degree from an engineering school or a master’s degree in (bio) informatics, (bio) physics, applied mathematics or a related field, followed by a professional experience of at least 3 years in image analysis in research or in support of research,
- or have a PhD in (bio) informatics, (bio) physics, applied mathematics or in a related field, followed by a professional experience of at least 2 years in image analysis in research or in support of research.
Tags: Ingénieur / Technicien