Postdoctoral position on mRNA regulation at IGH, Montpellier
A postdoctoral position funded by ANR is available in the group mRNA Regulation and Development at the Institute of Human Genetics in Montpellier. Our lab works on gene regulation at the mRNA level during development and diseases, in the Drosophila model. We have described the role of Piwi-interacting RNAs (piRNAs), a specific class of small non-coding RNAs, in gene regulation for several developmental processes. This function was unexpected because piRNAs were thought to be specific to the regulation of transposable elements. The postdoctoral project concerns the relationships between the piRNA pathway and epitranscriptomics in mRNA regulation.
The Institute of Human Genetics provides a very stimulating and international research environment; it is fully endowed with state-of-the-art scientific equipment. The Institute is located in Montpellier, an international city in the South of France. https://www.igh.cnrs.fr/en/
We are looking for a very motivated candidate with strong expertise in Drosophila genetics, RNA biology, and/or imaging.
Candidates should apply by sending a CV, a short outline of current projects, and contact information of two to three references to Martine Simonelig.
Expected starting date of the contract: Early 2021.
Selected publications of the lab, related to the project:
– Ramat, Simonelig. Functions of PIWI Proteins in Gene Regulation: New Arrows Added to the piRNA Quiver (2020) Trends in Genetics, doi:10.1016/j.tig.2020.08.011
– Ramat, Garcia-Silva, Jahan, Naït-Saïdi, Dufourt, Garret, Chartier, Cremaschi, Patel, Decourcelle, Bastide, Juge, Simonelig.The PIWI protein Aubergine recruits eIF3 to activate translation in the germ plasm (2020) Cell Research, 5, 421-435
– Rojas-Rios,Simonelig. piRNAs and PIWI proteins: regulators of gene expression in development and stem cells (2018) Development, 145, dev161786
– Dufourt, Bontonou, Chartier, Jahan, Meunier, Pierson, Harrison, Papin, Beilharz, Simonelig. piRNAs and Aubergine cooperate with Wispy poly(A) polymerase to stabilize mRNAs in the germ plasm (2017) Nature Communications, 8, 1305
– Rojas-Rios, Chartier, Pierson, Simonelig. Aubergine and piRNAs promote germline stem cell self-renewal by repressing the proto-oncogene Cbl (2017) EMBO Journal, 36, 3194-3211
– Barckmann, Pierson, Dufourt, Papin, …, Curk, Simonelig. Aubergine iCLIP reveals piRNA-dependent decay of mRNAs involved in germ cell development in the early embryo (2015) Cell Reports, 12, 1205-16
– Rouget, Papin, Boureux, Meunier, Franco, Robine, Lai, Pélisson, Simonelig. Maternal mRNA deadenylation and decay by the piRNA pathway in the early Drosophila embryo (2010) Nature, 467, 1128-1132
Contact: Martine Simonelig
mRNA Regulation and Development
Department Genetics and Development
Institute of Human Genetics, Montpellier, France