Support to event organization
The SFBD subsidizes every year scientific events in the field of developmental biology (conferences, colloquiums or thematic schools) organized in France.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, most of the events are currently held in remote locations and therefore the SFBD has decided to adapt the mode of support to its members. Two types of support (non-exclusive) are proposed in 2021:
1) access to a Zoom link for meetings or webinars for up to 500 people, and 2) financial support specifically targeted to doctoral students and post-doctoral researchers participating to the event (i.e. in the form of awards for best oral or poster presentations).
The amount of grant is between 500 – 1000 euros depending on the size of the event.
The selection is made by the SFBD Board based on the content of the application.
- The theme of the scientific event must correspond to the fields covered by the SFBD
- The logo of the SFBD needs to appear in the program and on the poster of the event
- Our support does not cover department retreats
- The organizers do not necessarily need to be members of the SFBD
Events supported in 2020
The Mechanics in Developmental Biology Meeting
Initially organized at the Institut Curie in Paris, on April 17th 2020 – Organized online June 12th
The 1st joint VIP/DIF-Day annual symposium
Organized at the Institut Jacques Monod in Paris, on June 18th 2020 – postponed to December 9th 2020
The Drosophila Development and Genetics in Toulouse; 30 years and beyond
Organised at the CBI in Toulouse, 17-18 September 2020
The 2020 Quantitative Approach of Life Colloquim
Organized in Paris at the begining 2021
Events supported in 2019
Events supported in 2018
32nd French Drosophila Meeting
Organized in Presqu’ile de Giens, October 9-12 2018
Events supported in 2017
Organized in Athens, October 5-7 2017
31st French Drosophila Meeting
Organized in Presqu’ile de Giens, November 7 -10 2017